The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

50l linkei

Home Forums European Pictures 50l linkei

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Hello!
    Concerning the food: I would give additional Naupliae and black Mosquito larvaes. From time to time microworms.

26*C sourds fine!

Frederik
    Participant

Ok, thanks,

I have frozen black mosquito larve, I will try to see if they accept this.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

A beautiful semi-natural aquarium, but you can not look into the caves to check whether Nests / eggs are available and how far their development. If you breed once ornaticauda or parvulus want that is important to bring the breeding time for the parents in safety, all, you can never see how many young animals are to be expected.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Just a note about black mosquito larvae. If you have (about 20L) to provide somewhere a small tub somewhere on the possibility and two handfuls of nettles hang in there in a network, then you have for 2 months mosquito larvae in all sizes

@Frederick: yes, I would feed, as Bernd says, living black mosquito larvaes, not frozen.

@Bernd: oh I hope so to see your breeding plant ( Zuchtanlage) in September! My tanks look more like Fredericks, and I have no idea how to do else ….
    Phoenicurus still show no breeding now, only the one time at the beginning … and that’s often so, when you get new fish …

Frederik
    Participant

I will put some buckets in the garden today. Never heard of this trick before. Thanks.

No I cannot look into the nests. I never realy tought of that, I figured, when there are younster, I will see them swiming around. But if they have a nest, is it not important to leave them alone, give them some piece and quit ?

Maybe I should think about a way to setup the nesting coconus, so I can look into them without distubring the parent.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Yes that’s right, they need rest. But if you want to have young animals, more than 3-5 pieces, then you already have it in another aquarium convict and that is only if you view it and that is only if you can see them so that you caught the right time.
    I have bred, just do not know how many there are. Tomorrow I’ll take the next clutch out, stupid I only 14 days to leave’m..-(But survive it be safe enough Think We Are The Kind definitely get it set every week eggs to meeting I will have a few do we have to leave enough.

Frederik
    Participant

One of the female’s has been murdered 🙁
    The remaining man also has enjuries on his tailfin. Maybe they had eggs, therefore the male was chasing the female away and she couldn hide.

The second pair is doing wel. Thow they do not go in their nests verry often.

Frederik
    Participant

in the 50l tank where the paro’s use to be, I found a young paro. it is already about 1cm big.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

There were certainly more, maybe you’ll find a few more. if the young swim freely, after about a week, goes to the parental care instinct of parents and in most species are then eaten the young, who have only very well hidden survive, but 1 cm then he is safe :huh:

Frederik
    Participant

I see 2 young, both about 1cm swiming around now, maybe over the next few days more young will appear. In the 50l tank there are 4 Trichopsis vittata, 6 kuhli’s and 1 adult male paro linkei now. The breeding pair of paro’s is separated in a 20l tank. I will check there nest frequently, so if there is fry I can seperate them, to have more survivors. Yesterday I did a waterchange in the breeding tank, today already I am seeing breeding behavior.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

But vittata the 4 Trichopsis could be a problem, sure hunt and eat the hatchlings certainly larger juveniles.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.