The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

A grade paper

Home Forums Global Scene A grade paper

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Rafael Eggli
    Participant

Another try with the video…

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Dorothee’s right, the eggs take about 3-4 days, depending on temperature, then hang the larvae 2-3 days in the nest, then turn from white to black and then they are gone for at least 3 weeks. If the young are not eaten You’ll then eventually see and be amazed how big they sind.Geht me again and again so, although I have seen this before hundreds of times. :woohoo:

Rafael Eggli
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    Yesterday, the larvae have hatched so now, the Nest is Full of little kommas.
    So Now I am looking forwards to the coming weeks. Maybe I can take some of the offspring with me to the Conference.

Congratulations! :whistle: 🙂 :cheer:

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

When they swim, I would take out the young animals, then you have a couple of young animals to safety

Rafael Eggli
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just found two larvae swimming freely!!
    I will feed Microworms tomorrow…
    Surprisingly, the Male is already caring for (I think two) new Nests. At least, there are bubblenests in two different caves…

Rafael Eggli
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I m back with an update about my project…

The young paros are doing well. When I feed Artemia, I see usually up to ten young fishes that already show some pigments. Actually, the fourth breds have left their cave today.

I also started some new food methods. Yesterday, I got tons of daphnia from a nearby pond. Sadly, the adults dont really seem to like them. On the other hand, I have put a handfull of dried grass in an enclosed basin. Today, I found several eggboats in it. Hopefully, they will hatch soon and serve as really good protein food….

Very nice!

Rafael Eggli
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I’m really happy about my Paro tanks so far. Yey I write tanks because I now set up a second one for the offspring. I only found 5 about 15 mm long pups that already show colored bands at the end of the fins and some great behaviour. It seems that some of them are trying to keep a small territory.

Besides this, the three others are doing very well. I already had 2 more nests since I seperated the pups and it seems to me that the larvae of the first spawning are growing without being eaten. (Maybe the more proteins in nutrition from the black mosquito larvae lead to less “baby hunting”) The hot weather of the past days has been really good for the Larvae. I find tons of them in the tank I got in my garden.

All the best Rafael

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.