The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

BBBB…baby paro!

Home Forums Global Undetermined BBBB…baby paro!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Morgan
    Participant

Hello all! Very excited right now…I had for a while given up on my trio of parosphromenus ‘sentang’ in their standard 20 litre, just monotonously feeding them alternating BBS and grindals, and I didn’t see much color on the male (or see much of the male period, for that matter) for a while. Well, I’m definitely paying more attention to them now…today I spotted an about 8mm fry! Just the most adorable little licorice gourami replica in front of the java moss! I am astonished…of course the first egglayer I successfully breed is one with a reputation for being ‘infuriating’ 🙂

Rafael Eggli
    Participant

Hey,
    This is absolutely amazing! Sometimes they really seem to need a period when you dont bother too much about them to spawn. I also think that it is most important to provide constant circumstances and water values. If as you said you only fed not so much, perhaps the pollution has decreased and they have still gotten enough to eat. It is true that sometimes, less is more!

My congratulations to your success and best wishes for the future. Lnce they have reached the mentioned size, they are very likely to survive and I think there will be others to be found in the next days and weeks…

Greetings Rafael

Joshua Morgan
    Participant

Thankx 🙂 Hopefully they will. I am setting up a 2.5 gallon tank for more intensive breeding…hoping to move a pair there, keep them there for a month, remove them, and see if fry result. How does that sound?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.