The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Begging Bowl !

Home Forums Global Pictures Begging Bowl !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    john walsh
    Participant

Hi All,
    I am planning to present a talk to my local club this Autumn (Preston and District A.S.), with the aim of recruiting new Paro friends. PDAS is a well supported club with over 70 members regularly attending the monthly meetings. Many of these are experienced and skilled breeders and I am hopeful
    that a few can be recruited to the Project’s cause. I need some photographs that i can legitimately use for the presentation (and ONLY for that purpose), and all would be appropriately accredted to the owner of the image.
    Any half decent species/ nesting/ mating/ fry/ habitat shots that could be loaned to me would be very gratefully recieved. Additionally, if anyone knows where i could obtain aerial shots that illustrate habitat destruction i would be in your debt.
    If anyone is able and willing to help please Mailbox me.
    Thanks,
    John

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

I sent you a PM.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Hi – You are also most welcome to use any photos of mine, either from this forum or from my flickr account – I will send you a link.

I did the same in Denmark, and I know that its difficult to find these images of habitats, but if you make a search in google – palm oil destruction – and click on images, you get a lot. Some of these are not actually copyrighted, some allows use of their images on the websites. I used one in my presentation with clear reference to site and so forth, and a link to the actual place on the internet. Or you might contact some of the internet places, most often magasines etc.
    Another thing I have noticed recently is that if you use a good satelite map ( I was looking at some maps searching for the missing airplane in Malaysia) … but if you zoome in on areas on Borneo, you suddenly notice areas where it is obvious that the forest have been destroyed and you can see how much it is in certain areas. It interesting, also a bit scary. What one can do with it I dont know, but for a personal experience its quite learning.

https://www.google.dk/search?client=firefox-a&hs=t4a&rls=org.mozilla:da:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IytEU53uNKPm4QTwn4DoAg&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=636&q=palm%20oil%20destruction

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.