The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Breathing fish bags

Home Forums Global Methods Breathing fish bags

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tautvilas Laureckis
    Participant

Hello,
    I have found an interesting link, that there are some good reviews on “Kordon” breathing fish bags.

More information: http://natureye.com/parosphromenus/parosphromenus-alfredi.html

Here is the link of manufacturer:
    http://www.kordon.com/kordon/products/aquarium-pond-accessories-2/breathing-bags#suppliers!

Does anyone have tried these breathing fish bags? Is it really better, usefull more than simple plastic fish bag for fish transportation? Is it worth to get some?

Also, there is a lot breathing bags on Ebay and etc. China sells them cheaper..

Any thoughts about it? As parosphromenus is very sensitive to the lack of oxygen, I suggest it can be worth to try..

Peter Finke
    Participant

THese “breathing bags” are perhaps good for fish that use much oxgen even in transport situations (swimming etc.), but they are not of any advantage for licorice gouramies. Our fish rest motionsless below a leaf and wait for their fate. In case of distress they use their labyrinth, even if they don_t use it in normal situations.

It’s a commercial hype, just as many other offers of the aquarium industry. Forget it for Paros.

Gonin herve
    Participant

We used these bag for sending fish by postal parcel.To test them we kept killifish for one month in one of these bag and he was still alive when we delivered it and put it back in a tank.They need to be full of water and not wrapped in paper to work properly.In expedition to collect fish I found these bags very useful.

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

[quote=”hachge” post=4068].They need to be full of water and not wrapped in paper to work properly.In expedition to collect fish I found these bags very useful.[/quote]

Hello to all of you,

I am just trying to catch up on my long absence from the forum and am actually reading the most recent threads.

I also have a small lot of Kordon breathing bags here in my drawers – but I always hesitated to use them transporting paros. I think that the fact that the breathing bags have to be completely filled with water makes them useless for paro transports. Like Peter said before, paros use their labyrinth if necessary, in case of distress. Now – they can’t come to the surface and breathe in atmospheric air in a completey filled breathing bag…… and I am afraid that this will at least make them panic. So using these bags we would have to not fill it completely – which spoils the advantage ………

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie, good to see you back, been wondering where you were 🙂

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

[quote=”helene” post=4128]Hi Stephanie, good to see you back, been wondering where you were :)[/quote]

Thank you, Helene!
    (OT: Again, I had to stay in hospital for a while. But then, after my recovery – I have to admit it, I’m deeply sorry but it’s true – my attention was occupied by other animals than fish …… I built a henhouse all by myself and now proudly own 5 hens and a rooster :silly: . OT off)

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

I shipped Paros last year in Kordon breathing bag, the fish arrived in very good condition. No problem with this bags for me.

Peter Finke
    Participant

There is no problem with these bags. The point is: They are not necessary or helpful if Paros are concerned. For other fish it looks quite different.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.