The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Close-up of fry

Home Forums Global Pictures Close-up of fry

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Molico
    Participant

Moved most of the fry to a grow out tank. There are over 40 little paros.
    Here are the latest pictures at 9 weeks.

Miguel Molico
    Participant

An update: at approximately 4 months.

Miguel Molico
    Participant

Final update: I kept 5 males and 5 females and sold the remaining 85 fish to a local fish store. Here are the latest pictures. The males are showing beautiful colours.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for this series of photos, – I will use them as I said, – just havent got around to it yet. But they are very good, – and very beatiful fish indeed.

Miguel Molico
    Participant

Let me know if you need higher resolution versions of any of the photos, Helene.

Regards,

Miguel Molico
    Participant

One year later (almost exactly) and a new generation is born. One of the pairs I kept just had their first batch of fry. I believe there is a seasonal pattern to their breeding.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Thats great to hear, – congratulation.

I have collected all the photos from you and Zahar, and uploaded these in a pdf-file under articles. (only in english yet) … you can find it here https://parosphromenus-project.org/en/articles/fry-development-images-of-different-stages.html

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

I am overwhelmed, which organization can boast such good photos and photographers, which encourages me but always my efforts yet to strengthen so that as many prospective foster and propagate these wonderful fish.
    Greeting Bernd 🙂

Miguel Molico
    Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.