The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

First international meeting Hamburg 2013

Home Forums Global Scene First international meeting Hamburg 2013

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peter Finke
    Participant

The steering group intends to invite all friends of the Parosphromenus-project to visit a first international meeting in Hamburg (northern Germany) in autumn 2013. Presently, we think of a weekend September 2013, maybe the 21./22. (saturday/sunday). We think of Germany because here we have rather many enthusiasts of the licorice gouramis, and Britain and Scandinavia (and other European countries) are near. Hamburg is a big town near the Sea in the north of Germany. It is well-tied to the traffic of the world by airport, trains, sea, and “Autobahn”. There are many hotels; Bernd Bussler just looks for the best location. Bernd is one of the best breeders we have with a big set-up of tanks and species.
    We herewith invite friends from all over the world to visit Hamburg 2013! We shall try to put a good program together, good presentations, well-known speakers, attractive destinations nearby for small excursions and – of course – a well-endowed offer of offspring of many Parosphromenus-species.
    Any suggestions are very welcome!
    Please mind that the exact date and location is not yet fixed. But you should begin with planning your trip to the First international meeting of the Parosphromenus-project in Hamburg 2013!
    By the way: Speaking of the “first” international meeting implies thinking of a second, and so on. That will depend of the success of the first, however. But the next maybe at another place in the world … In Asia …? Or in America …? Thinking and suggesting a proposal is allowed. But mind: At first we should prepare the first!
    (I shall put this news in the annoncement’s section, too, and – in a shorter version – in the news-section).

Bill Little
    Participant

Your last paragraph got me thinking – longer term that is … We have a group here in Tampa that are saving their dollars to travel to the 2013 Aquarama in Singapore. I have heard and read about this tradeshow for a number of years. One individual here has attended perhaps 4 -5 of these sessions and the next time he will lead a guided tour if you will. It will be 15 days in all and in addition to the show they will visit a number of places including fish farms in Thailand ( I would love to return to Thailand once more). But I digress … perhaps we could consider the 2015 session in Singapore to coincide with the show (either just before or just after).In addition to seeing everything at the show it would give us an opportunity to perhaps make a side trip to see the “Paros” in their native environment. How’s that about thinking “Big” time. :cheer:

Peter Finke
    Participant

Bill, I like that Big time thinking of yours. I always like good, attractive goals. Well, we shall see. We collect all proposals, but Singapore is quite a location and 2015 within reachable distance (?) … But it’s well ahead, I admit.
    First we should make Hamburg 2013 a success. We all hope to see at least one or two friends from America and at least one or two from south-east Asia …
    The best precondition is an attractive program. I am pretty sure we could get a fine lecture with photos and movies by Horst Linke. He has wonderful movies fishing in Paro-habitats on Sumatra and Borneo and West Malaysia. If we could re-activate Allan Brown and his spouse Barbara (P. allani, B. brownorum) for a single lecture: that would be wonderful. But in this case I am not confident. Mark would be very good from the U.S. And somebody from the Singapore Museum. But … Maybe we have to “bake smaller rolls” (German saying).
    But one thing we could assure you: There will be at least ten species to be distributed.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

I think this is really fantastic thoughts. I will definitely come in Hamburg, and I will start saving up for Singapore :)… wish it was not as far away as 2015, it sounds like such a good idea.

Peter Finke
    Participant

Just received a telephone call from Horst Linke. He is very pleased about our plans and has agreed to come to Hamburg with videos and a lecture on his methods. Singapore 2015 be very good, too, but the hotels be very expensive. He suggests to reside in a hotel just outside of the town. I told him that we now first concentrate on Hamburg.
    He said that Zahar Zakaria should be invited. O yes, that would be fine. Zahar, do you read this?

Kevin Marshall
    Participant

Peter

Good to see this.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

And good to see your reply, Kevin. We have still no details but the meeting in Hamburg next year will definitely take place. We need attractive speakers, so all who read this should help with inviting good experts from our three continents.
    I think it should be a fall-date, maybe October. But we must be sure not to create a conflict with other fish-events.

Gonin herve
    Participant

Sounds very good to me I will go to Hambourg and in S’pour also

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.