The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

how leaves could hinder breeding

Home Forums Global Methods how leaves could hinder breeding

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Going trough the articles from Amazonas magazine about Licorace gouramis I found this in the article from Günter Kopic: Dark substrate and/or beech leaves(Fagus sylvatica) can be used as décor, but aren’t necessary and may
    sometimes even hinder effective breeding.
    Sadly he did not expend on this even a bit, so I would like to ask how it works. Thanks a lot to everyone who is able to contribute.

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

I was not sure about the category first, so please move this to breeding if needed 🙂

Andy Love
    Participant

I haven’t the faintest clue what the rationale for this statement could be. I’m intrigued, though. It’s a pity my German’s not up to it, else I’d ask him! His e-mail address appears to be: guenter-kopic@t-online.de

Do you (or anyone) feel like giving it a go?!

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

As far as my German goes I am worried its gonna be the same problem. Would be great if anyone could ask 🙂 Or are we sure Mr. Kopic does not speak English? But thanks even for the email. In worst case I could make my father translate the question for me.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Moreover, it is not speak English is no problem, there is the Google Translator, I use also, otherwise I could not read your posts and not respond. He translated not always good, but it is to be understood.
    I think that Günter Kopic so wanted to say that the number of bacteria (number of bacteria) can be kept very low with no setup, sand and leaves. High bacteria count = no or little pups.
    I got about 20 years ago my first Paros by Günter Kopic and propagated since hundreds of Paros and even brought from Malaysia.
    In a few species, for example, like now with deissneri and previously also in ornaticauda, I also have complete plants, leaves and ground away, just to the water parameters to control better and better adapt. But that is certainly not necessary. So far I could multiply all Paros, except deissneri with soil, leaves and plants

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Thanks very much Bernd. Makes perfect sence as I dont use life plants in breeding tanks for quite some time as it may cause pH fluctuation. As I am not used to think in terms of bacterial load yet, it did not come to my mind, I was thinking about factors that would prevent the fish from spawning instead and it did not make much sence to me :).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.