The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

How shy is Parosphromenus nagyi?

Home Forums Global Behaviour How shy is Parosphromenus nagyi?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Morgan
    Participant

Hello all! I am currently setting up a standard 40 litre blackwater tank which, when complete, will have a heap of plants, PH in the 4’s, conductivity somewhere between 20 and 50 microsiemens, and carbonates and general hardness at or very near zero. I am far from settled about what I am going to keep in it, but I am leaning towards paroes and wanted something less shy and retiring than my P. ‘sentang’ I already have in another tank (inasmuch as this is my living room tank and I would like my guests to be able to see the fish with some frequency). I love P. nagyi’s colors, but how is it in the shyness department? Would any paroes be good ‘display’ fish in a species tank? If not paroes, are there any other blackwater fishes that would not dive for cover whenever someone approaches too quickly? Thanks in advance 🙂

Bill Little
    Participant

While I have not tried this I am told that placing some of the micro rasboras species in the tank will encourage the paros to spend more time out swimming around. The suggestion seems reasonable as the literature indicates these same small rasboras can be found in the local waters with the Paros

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.