The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Leds

Home Forums Global Undetermined Leds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gonin herve
    Participant

Who is using leds for his rack and what kind of leds you are using?I tried the 5050 cold white but I thinh they are too bright and the warm white is too yellow

Peter Finke
    Participant

The colour of light may be a problem for plants, but I doubt that it is a problem for fish. And I cannot imagine LEDs to be too bright.
    But why don’t you mix both colours? I use small stripes of 15 or 20 LEDs, and one can easily mix the colours by mixing the stripes.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Hi,- I am doing a little bit like Peter is doing, – I am using one of each. The warm led strip is too yellow, – I had bought this first, but didnt like the light, – and I also think the plants did less good with this one.
    So I added strips with the clearer light, and I find that the fish dont bother. I have a few tanks, where the male is having his nest just under the surface, and in order to make the light a little less there, I make a ‘shadow’ (piece of black paper, or anything really) at the glass, and then raise the strips a bit above this.
    The strips should have a self-gluing side on one side. I have then glued them to a narrow piece of hard wood, – and then raised it up a little, so the strips dont lie directly on the glass. This works fine.

I use it on my big rack, this one

Gonin herve
    Participant

Sounds good but what strip do you use 30 leds/meter or 60 leds per meter.I tried the 60leds/ m in my rack

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

mine would also be 60 pr. meter

Oliver
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I use GU10 LEDs to illuminate my small Tanks. For the bigger ones I use T5 Tubes. The main advantage of GU10 is the lower build heights. For Cubes I use Philips LEDs like those here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=tr&ctn=872790091824300

But the Light is very warm, which is no Problem in blackwater tanks.

In really small tanks I use 1,5W 4200K LEDs with GU10 Socket like those on the Picture. They are cheap (€2,50) and fit the needs of 12-30l Tanks…

Greetings

Oliver

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.