The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Living food for Paros

Home Forums Global Methods Living food for Paros

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 122 total)
  • Author

:side: o.k., thank you Pavel, I’ll try it! :whistle: do you know the worms on my photo?

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

:blush: sadly there are still things that I dont know and these include your “worms” 😀 I cant see if it has any legs (even small ones) or something like that. From this helicopter view it reminds me some larvae of several water bugs, but better detail would help more. I am not good at bugs though…

Hello!
    I continue the discussion about living food in the thread https://www.parosphromenus-project.org/en/forum/3-Species/1593-p-phoenicurus-female-behavior.html
    here, because this is the theme here.

Bernd gave me the good advice that I could find already living food outdoors in small ponds, which will dry out again in further time, and which are without fish.
    I have found one – with copepods I guess – very small little yellow animals, swimming like naupliae – there are no fish – but eggs of frogs — 😉
    — now my question: are frogs/frogeggs dangerous concerning infections?????

If not, I will visit it more often …

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

No far as I know transferred frog eggs and frogs probably not a disease, I begin myself in such ponds feed and have never experienced something that you can do without problems, your fish will thank you and multiply gorgeous

O.K.! Thank you! 🙂

Today I found outdoor just two dragonfly larvaes :woohoo:
    But in my balcony buckets the first very small black mosquito larvaes … :whistle:

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

That’s nice, unfortunately I can not recognize mosquito larvae with me right temperature, but I have nothing to put my pans with it. There is no nettles grow, have unfortunately forgotten in the autumn single pair to cut and dry, as in recent years, so I have to wait a little longer. But in the meantime, there are plenty of other food in the ponds and ditches. 😆

Tautvilas Laureckis
    Participant

Today was the first time I coutch mosquito larvae at small bog, despite there was a minus temperature during the night and a few mm thick of ice on the surface (I live in Lithuania).
    Here the results:

Also there is plenty of other small food. 🙂

Hello,
    How do you feed your microworms to your Paros?? I am a little bit worried because I had (I have written about that in the thread “phoenicurus female , behavior?” ) lost one tank with 1.2 P.phoenicurus.

I take the microworms with a wet cotton bud out of the breeding container from the side when they climb up there and wash the cotton bud in a small water container. The water from that container I feed directly into the tanks….

Once I tried to wash the microworms like naupliae, but they are too small …

What do you think?

Arno Beißner
    Participant

Hello Dorothee,
    I take the micros with a small brush on the side of the container. Then I feed directly with the brush – without clean it.
    Without problems so far.
    I think there can be problems if too many micros are not eaten and then rot.

Frederik
    Participant

Nice catch. I think it is better to catch mosquito larve in winter times, because they are smaller. The one I caught in summer are to big my paro’s.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

The Micros are rising up on the walls completely clean, I pranks using your finger off the wall and give it directly to the aquarium’ve never had problems with it.

Hello Arno, hello Bernd,
    Thank you! I don’t feed many Micros at one time. So I will go on feeding them!

And by the way – the mosquito larvaes on the balcony are already fine!

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

How you feed your fry until they are big enough for another feed?
    I just tightened so opalius 40-50 pieces, no idea how I would get through without Micros ………………………… :unsure:

With Micros and Protogen … But it’s rather difficult to feed not to much …

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.