The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Multiple male paros

Home Forums Global Methods Multiple male paros

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Morgan
    Participant

Hello all! My parosphromenus ‘sentang’ colony has mushroomed to 8 individuals – the original trio and five fry. All of these fishes are in a single 20 litre tank of 40cm in length…I recently set up a new, 40 litre, 50 cm tank that was originally going to be for a second paro or perhaps some other blackwater fish, but I am now seriously considering simply moving the adult 1M 2F to the 40 litre and using the 20 litre as a growout, spawning, and (if I distribute/sell any of the fry, as I likely will sooner or later) holding tank for paros soon to be shipped. Anyhow, to my question…in a 50 cm tank, would multiple male paros be able to get along as long as they are provided with enough cover? Thankx in advance for your replies 🙂

Rafael Eggli
    Participant

Hey,

Yes of course you can easily keep several male adult paros in one tank of that size. This is no problem if you provide enough hiding and breeding spots(tubes, 2+ per male)…

Especially if they grow up together, you can keep them without big problems. It is also a good advise to start having at least two tanks per species. If something goes wrong in one of these or if you have problems with single animals, you can seperate them easily. In addition to that, it is sometimes good to isolate younger fry from the parents if you dont have so many of one species and want to make sure as many as possible grow up…

Greetings Rafael

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.