The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

My God – whats that in my new Paro tank?

Home Forums Global Species My God – whats that in my new Paro tank?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

:woohoo: :ohmy:
    Today I´ve seen another one – Nr. 11 … must have been a very small one when I emptied the tank to try to find all out …
    Today I confused my fish with living arthemia from my aquaristic shop, they got them today … but they where a bit too big for the Paros (my Spaerichtys and my Tannichtys caught them)…
    But these dragonfly larvae whas fascinated by the new living food – I guess now I have found the reason why my caridina simoni has vanished again – at least an additional reason – the other reason may be that they don’t survive in water with less than 5 pH …
    And so the dragonfly larvae was hungry …

Shall I disturb my four Paros and empty the tank again???? The dragonfly was very much quicker than me when I tried to catch it …
    If there would be a chance that it soon will be a real dragonfly and will fly away, I could wait, but it seems that some species take several years before they are ready ….

Oh oh …

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

I think it’s a good idea to leave the aquarium empty.
    Dragonfly larvae have the size of Paros are killed in the position Paros. In nature, they even catch prey that are larger than themselves.
    Better the food pour through a strainer and feed only the sifted daphnia.

O.k.! If we don’t find it till tomorrow morning, I´ll empty the tank! :S :pinch:
    It´s already bigger then the ones I´ve made photographs of ….

I got the dragonfly larves with my plants or with my root, I still don’t know. The dragonfly researcher still does not know, because the larves take very long till they can fly …

I tell again tomorrow … :S

P.S. My Paros (and the other) just get indoor food (exempt the black mosquito larves from the balcony, but I only give them the black mosquito larves, no other animals ..) and so that way can’t come a dragonfly into the tank …
    Thats one of the reasons I don’t go “Tümpeln” because I am afraid do get evil things with the good food …

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

I think that dragonfly larvae comes with plants. Certainely eggs on the plants…

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

I’m just ponds, summer and winter, and otherwise I have black mosquito larvae in the garden.
    Sure you’re right because you one or the other “evil” creatures captures themselves.
    But if the feed is screened should not be a problem, plus I’m starting mayfly larvae also the alledings I just look at it before I’ll feed. But that makes the course during spawning noticeable, better food you can not give your fish.

:whistle: :whistle:
    I’ve got it!

Now it also makes the journey to Museum Wiesbaden.

It’s about double the sitze than the others Have been ….

I took out all deko and about 60% of the water. I found one dragonfly larve, one male Caridina simoni left, and of course four Paros …

I still didn’t find any fry, I think the Paros are too young still, am I right, Bernd?

I left the Paros in the tank, hope that wasn’t a mistake, because the water always becomes a bit “dirty” if you work with the deco ….

But they seem to be o.k. till now ….

Here the foto:

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

You can catch them if you pull a tall glass with stem (champagne glass) over them, the glass can not see them, then you can get them out. This Dragonfly larva is quite large and takes a lot of food to grow and eat anything they can grab. Sooner than I had Bettas I have fed them, but Bettas are great to eat without problems in the management dragonfly larvae.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.