The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

My male eat eggs…

Home Forums Global Breeding My male eat eggs…

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Hm that looks much worse then, they should be hatching at least soon, it also depends if you used the ketapang leave, how much tanins you managed to get to the water, sometimes to high of a concentration may harden the chorion to much and this can couse hatching problems. But I would assume that Paros should not have this problem most of the time. If you were able to tell if the eggs are developed, it would be much easier. If this is so, you could probably disrupt the chorions, but what you need to do it succesfully is to promote a growth of bacteria that would start to brake the chorions by adding some artificial fish food in there. Of course, once they hatch, you need to completely exchange the water, better is to do it twice (thats how we do that with killifish eggs that are developed but its hard to induce hatching for different reasons) and with paros where you get larve that are not freeswimming you would have to add fungicides again and hope. It would be highly risky, but if they are not to hatch anyways, may be some fry would survive. What you definitely need to know first is, if there are developed larvae in the eggs. But its really hard to say if this can work with such undeveloped larvae that Paros have. You could also try to scratch some eggs with some kind of fine paintbrush, that could probably disrupt the chorions too. I would probably experiment as much as I can if the eggs would probably not develope anyways without help. Good luck!

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

Thanks Pavel!

It´s not easy without experience with fish eggs. Eggs are very fragile.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

I have a lot of experience and have often tried to bring it to hatch eggs without a man. I may have one or sometimes even once brought five larvae to slip, it goes, but is very difficult, and if it succeeds, the larvae still not in safety. Mold and bacteria will then kill the most.
    Just do not lose heart, there are still many eggs come and safely survive one way or another larva

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

I hope that is the first and the last time that I harch eggs without male!
    My male is on the way for a friend and my new male is on the way from Hans.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.