The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

my new linkei :-)

Home Forums Global Species my new linkei :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • Author

I just can´t believe my eyes – after watching one of my very fine colored males chasing a female away (why that??) and looking what white stuff there in the tank (in my other Paro tank I´ve some hydra) – this:

Is that a nest, in the front of the tank, fixed on java moss?
    And beside the nest – I hope that isn’t hydra???
    Also the stuff near the water surface???

Just back from an absence at home – and so many new things to see …

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

On the last photo is fungus. Do you use yeast to feed moina or another live food?

the micro worms have yeast in their substrate … I take them out when they crawl up out of the substrate with a wet cotton bud and wash it out in a little jug with osmosis water.

I dont wash them additionally like moina, mosquito larves or arthemia, because they are to small … should I? Already I have now a sieve with 0,12 mm, (before I used a 0,18 mm …)

I have taken out that fungus, as best as I could.
    I hope I didn’t destroy that bubble nest …
    As I saw with my magnifying glass, he chose the place in the tank where most of the food comes and stays … but naupliae will not stay – they will die … oh oh ..
    What shall I do? a bubble pump??? to make water motion there? And stop it if/when offspring will come???

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

Let do it!
    Do you have photo canister on yours paros tanks? Or Tube of laying?
    I have both in my tanks.

Now I got two answers: fungus or bryozoans ….
    My new biodiversity in my tanks is making me a bit nervous … :blink: :unsure:
    Is that evil or food for Paros?

Hallo Davy!
    I have four or five different forms of caves in the tank. Perhaps the bigger male has the territory behind for himself.
    Or the younger male has chosen that place because there is coming most of the food to that corner in the front….

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

When I gave yeast to my Moina, I had fungus in my tanks on the glass.
    I think it the same thing for you and micro worms. I don’t know if this fungus is dangerous for fish, probably not.

Peter Finke
    Participant

I am not sure whether this strange structure is funghus; I had it myself several times. I do not know under which circumstances they occur, however. At any case, it is not dangerous at all.
    But the other, more important thing is that small bubble-nest: At least on one picture is the bundle ob bubbles to be seen. Very rarely Paros build a small bubble nest within a thick structure of algae or higher plants, for instance Java moss. I had it myself twice with P. paludicola and P. linkei, too.

O.K., so I hope that white structure isn’t dangerous!

I will try to make better photos of the bubble nest, it seems that the pair is still courting, I put a black foam material outside at the glass to give some shelter.
    Today I want to avoid anything which could disturb them! 😉

Tomorrow or so I will put my camera on a tripod in front of and try a better photo!

another Photos:

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Wow 🙂

Here another two photos:

The first one from yesterday:

The next is from today evening, seems that the first larvaes have left their egg .. its a pity that my camera doesn’t make so good macro photos:

Tautvilas Laureckis
    Participant

Congratulations with the fry! 😉

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

again, these “camping” Paros are great no matter what, no need to see the larvae for me 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.