The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

My Parosphromenus nagyi made a bubblenest!

Home Forums Global Breeding My Parosphromenus nagyi made a bubblenest!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Morgan
    Participant

Here’s a picture for proof!

And here’s the backstory; back in late April 2017, I purchased four Parosphromenus nagyi from Msjinkzd. However, they did not handle shipping outrageously well and one of the females died the day after arrival; another female mysteriously died about a week later. The remaining pair wound up getting moved several times until I resigned to put them in a 2 gallon/7.56 litre, 10 inch/25cm long tank with semi-daily feedings of BBS and microworms and 50% water changes supplied from my Parosphromenus ‘sentang’ tank every week. A couple weeks ago, I decided I absolutely NEEDED to breed these magnificent anabantoids and doubled the water changes (one of which was with new water) and began feeding daily. This morning the male was, as he usually is, vigorously courting the female; an hour ago, I discovered the female swimming around the tank as if she owned it, I began looking for the male, and found the bubblenest. VERY HAPPY 🙂 Now I need to get separate accommodations ready for the female and ultimately the male once the eggs hatch. Any advice on how to proceed from here? Do I just do as I was doing (50% biweekly water changes and daily feedings of BBS and microworms)? Thanks 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.