The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

My passion. My life :) Asia, Malaysia, Johor :)

Home Forums Global Species My passion. My life :) Asia, Malaysia, Johor :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Stefaan
    Participant

Hi Andrzej, welcome on the forum. Thank you for sharing these pictures of you tanks! They look very natural. What materials have you used?

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Hi Steff.

Thank you very much Steff 🙂

What materials have you used? That’s what I find in the forest 🙂

I buy only peat. Such as photos of B. persephone.

Sorry, bamboo is the garden. Aquarium 250x60x65.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Hi Andrzej

Parosphromenus tweediei ,
    Parosphromenus harveyi ,
    Parosphromenus alfredi ,
    Parosphromenus paludicola ,
    Parosphromenus rubrimontis.

All present and locality

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

What ????

Really ???

Already preparing aquariums 🙂

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

OK if you’re so far log on “parodistribution@parosphromenus-project.org” then everything should follow his path 🙂

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

I think I will assist Bernd here in putting it in a different way which is easier to understand.

The email adress parodistribution@parosphromenus-project.org is the email adress which you can write to if you want to get in personal contact with Bernd (who is responsible for the distribution)
    This is the same for any person who wishes to get in contact with our parodistribution and with Bernd.

You cannot log on to anything :)…

(Sorry, Bernd I just felt I had to correct this, it sounds wrong in english. )

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

No Problem
    I slice with Google Translater and unfortunately translates not always good

Cześć Andrzej!
    Amazing photos of your technic! I mean that with the title “Spaerichtys ospromenoides etc…. I tried to understand the system, but I think I failed … is it an automatic system, do you have a current water change or do you have to open a valve? and is the system for several tanks?

And do your fish breed when there are several species in one tank?

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant
    Peter Finke
    Participant

You present to us a picture of Michael Lo (“Jungle Mike”) showing a licorice gourami from Belitung. The only thing you can tell is that the fish is a male.

The colouring of that fish is not the normal one to be seen in a bigger tank with means to hide showing the typical Belitung species, but it is the typical fright-colour to be seen immediately after the catch in the small container used for photos. It’s no speciality. Nearly all licorice gouramis look like this when frightened by the catch. It is impossible to distinguish several species of the round-tailed forms of the bitan-harveyi-group when the photo is taken in such a situation; they alle look nearly the same.

And we too know that there is one licorice species living on Belitung; first photos of it (by Horst Linke) were published at different places, e.g. our AMAZONAS-special on this group. It’s not identical with P. deissneri which is endemically living on Bangka island only. Maybe, the Belitung species is identical with P. bintan which seems to have spread to different places. But this is unclear.

Nevertheless, it’s good to see such a fish here. But the explanation is that I gave: it’s a frightened fish.

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Sphaerichthys osphromenoides, 3 mm, 3 szt.

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

wow good job, I love them too. 🙂

Patrick Guhmann
    Participant

Hello Andrzej,

Your aquarium gave me a lot of inspiration, I love the natural look – thanks. You collected wood in the forest. What kind of wood do you use, and where do you collect it? Do you have special methods to handle the wood and the bamboo-sticks (boiling, removing bark, watering…)? Do you remove bamboo-sticks after a few time? What kind of gravel have you used? Quartz?

And one quetion to you all:
    Have you ever used living willow branches in the aquarium? I heared willow can soak a lot of ammonium, nitrate and minerals out of the tap water…and it can grow submerged for a long time.

Greetings
    Patrick

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Hallo Patric.

I use oak, alder, beech. The tree is dry and dead. Without bark.

I use sand that does not change the water parameters.

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

F

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.