The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

My passion. My life :) Asia, Malaysia, Johor :)

Home Forums Global Species My passion. My life :) Asia, Malaysia, Johor :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

25x25x25

Sphaerichthys osphromenoides 3 szt.

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Czekoladki 🙂

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant
    Peter Finke
    Participant

Obviously, P. ornaticauda has been imported again by Ruinemans/The Netherlands. It is likely to turn up in other countries, too. Friends in Germany, the Chech-Republic, Austria and France should open their eyes. There is a great interest in this species, and we have a small stock only. The breeding of this species is not as easy as with many other Paro-species; even the best experts experience some unsolved puzzles. As our Hamburg meeting is concerned, it could be fine if we had hints where the trade offers it. Chester Zoo, for instance, is looking for some pairs with respect to a planned breeding programme, but it is unclear whether we can geve them enough animals from our Hamburg breeding stock. We should make use of this opportunity to enlarge our stocks.

My local trader is client of Ruinemanns and I have asked for P. ornaticauda, but it depends on if they can find enough fish they need for the minimum order … They will inform me next week …

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

I’m not an experienced breeder. It is not a fish for me?

What a pity 🙁

It is beautiful.

You’re kidding!
    You are caring for so many beautiful black water tanks!
    And your wonderful Czekoladki :woohoo: 🙂
    I am not an experienced breeder, just P.linkei (they seem to breed everywhere 😉 ) and my P.phoenicurus for fortune when I got them new, that happens often, but no further offspring till now … But I want to try
    … B)

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

The fish ordered.

3 + 3

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Meinten Sie: Wenn jemand die Möglichkeit hat ornaticauda zu bekommen, zugreifen hätte gern 5 Paare, bin zur Zeit in den Staaten unterwegs und kann keine besorgen, hole sie auch bei euch ab, egal wo. Danke
    If anyone has the opportunity to get onaticauda, access would have liked to 5 pairs, am currently traveling in the United States and can not get, they’ll pick well with you, no matter where. Thank you
    If anyone :cheer:

Mine and Bernds will come tomorrow!
    Hope the water parameter will not be too crasy – if EC is very hight, that will be natrium chloride for desinfection??
    pH will have to be adapted as well …

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

“….. natrium chloride for desinfection …..”

How to carry out adequate adaptation ?

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Hello,

in case even small amount of NaCl was used, it will bring the conductivity over 1mS (1000µS) In case more of the substance is used, some EC meters may even show the highest possible value for measuring or error. For adaptation take water from the tank and pour out 2/3rds of the water from the bag. Than use aeration hose and throttle it to drop the tank water in to the bag. When it is full repeat the process until you get down to some normal Paro values. Also be carefull if you are using peat to acidify the water in your Paro tanks, most of the peats will release some ammonium in concentration that are harmfull in acidic environment but could have disastrous effect when mixed with high pH value water in the bag. I would strongly recommend using clear acidic (use any doable acid) water first and start adding water from the tank later when you are sure the pH dropped below 7. That is just in case. Fingers crossed for everyone with ornaticaudas. I hope I will be able to get some too.

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Parosphromenus ornaticauda 3+3.

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Parosphromenus ornaticauda 3+3. 2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.