The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

P. bintan ‘Sentang’ – setup

Home Forums European Pictures P. bintan ‘Sentang’ – setup

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Maciej
    Participant

I will reupload this at night, when the bandwidth is less strained. It should liminate the glitches.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Nice video and photoes, Sverting.

The last video is quite relevant now that we just had the discussion in another thread about male and female moods.

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

[quote=”helene” post=2046]
    The last video is quite relevant now that we just had the discussion in another thread about male and female moods.[/quote]

Oh, yes ……….. I have seen it ……….

Stefaan
    Participant

Thanks for posting your video Sverting. I’ve watched it several times – impressive !
    Grtz,

Maciej
    Participant

So I decided to share my other observations.

The difference between showing off to another male and the female:

Male-male:
    -Fish swim around each other slowly, it is like two wolfes trying to stare each other down. The body becomes pale, but fins are dark.

Male-female:
    -Female tries to avoid any problems, but male becomes as dark as it gets and jumps before her every time she changes her direction. The male-female situation looks more agressive, like delinquent trying to impress a bypassing lady.

Maciej
    Participant

Somehow my dog found it’s way to my room when I was at university, and started “playing” with the driftwood. When the dust drops I will asses losses.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Hoping for no losses, Sverting.
    Fingers crossed.

Maciej
    Participant

Paros are scared shitless, but all seems to be ok. Some even hunted for food.

I found this video on YT, these fish show very similar size, shape and colouring of the fins to my Paros.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3leiGsRU4[/youtube]

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

Sverting, are you sure you posted the right link? Maybe I’m blind – but I don’t see any paros in this video ………. at least there are no visible shapes and fin colourations ……….. I see some striped fish darting around, but to me they seem to be barbs or something ………

Maciej
    Participant

Nope, this was wrong. Here’s the correct video:

Maciej
    Participant

One female has visible eggs beneath the skin, when fed ;].

Females of this form have coloured unpaired fins, with an exception of tail.

Fingers crossed !:D

Lennart Friedritz
    Participant

After a terrifying event, when the stress and dust has settled, there is always time for LOVE 😆

Good luck with that!

Peter Finke
    Participant

[quote=”Sverting” post=2182] Females of this form have coloured unpaired fins, with an exception of tail.[/quote]

Sverting: Either a good photo or a better description would be helpful: coloured, what colour? what situation? always? in special situations? What structure has the colouration? The whole fins? part of the fins? We know of many Paro-females that get some colour in their normally uncoloured fins when angry, when frightened, when mating … Very obvious is this in filamentosus-females for instance, partly in nagyi-females, or in tweediei-females.

Some more details, please! It’s too vague.

Maciej
    Participant

Ok, so it is the 8’th day after the “fallout” with my dog, and it’s the first time fishes let me do some photos. I am in the process of uploading 109 MB of photos to imageshack, so in few minutes I will add a link to them. They are a bit dark, but that was a compromise between the sharpness and brightness of the photos. They were taken with additional light source: two desk lamps, 18W and 20W, with the ISO 200, and 1/20′ capture.

If You find any photo broken, or want me to brighten a particular shot, just say so, and I will upload modified image ;D.

Maciej
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.