The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

P. parvulus “Bukit batu”

Home Forums Global Pictures P. parvulus “Bukit batu”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Made some first doable close-ups, given how it is not possible to actually see the fish in the viewfinder. Will try to get better still.

Rafael Eggli
    Participant

These are absolutely amazing! Are they reproducing?

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Thanks Rafael 🙂

See https://www.parosphromenus-project.org/de/forum/40-Behaviour/1809-no-cave-no-nest-parvulus-spawn

I have 10 young specimens growing already, not sure if the parents continue their reproduction, I gave them a sligthly bigger tank with some plants and leaves, so not that much control anymore. In case I do not spot any fry within reasonable period, I will switch back to the controled aproach and remove the fry before freeswimming.

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Just wanted to share these two pictures. The wild male I have continues his “out of the cave” strategy. What we can learn from the pictures that are 10 days apart is that the eggs have quite a big perivitelline space which seems like they swell up after deposition similarly to for example Nannostomus eggs. They are almost that big too. The larvae from the first clutch are already in the tank and I will try to make sharp pictures of the new one every day when I am home.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.