The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

P. Tweediei (?) in Holland

Home Forums European Trade P. Tweediei (?) in Holland

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Stefaan
    Participant

I appreciate your sincere answer, Bartian.
    Last Saturday, I could finally buy a couple P. tweediei in Armin’s shop. They look wonderfull. Thanks to another P-Project-member, I was lucky to get a couple of P. alfredi in July. I hope to learn and distinguish the differences between both species by seeing them every day 😉

bartian
    Participant

P. nagyi spotted at Ruinemans!

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

I have a question for you regarding the p. tweediei – the fish I bought and showed some photoes of earlier in this thread.

I have seperated these fish now into what I believe to be 3 pair, – I am sure they must be quite young, because none of them show any sign of interest in courtship, and in all three tanks there seems to be one ‘happy’ male swimming up front and one less ‘happy’ fish hiding very carefully somewhere else.
    The males I am not in doubt about, – their colours seems quite clear. But the other fish I am in doubt about, – they could be females (and I think so) – judging from body shape, fin shape (dorsal fin less long) – but my question is … could they also be ‘sub’ males ??? Since, as you can see, they do have slight markings of colour in all fins really. But in reading in the species section here, I read that tweediei females have quite a lot of colours, so this could be why.

Heres photoes of one of them :

bartian
    Participant

Looks female to me! There is some red colouration in the fins, but no distinct bands.

Armin Schäfer
    Participant

It’s for sure a dominant female of P. tweediei.
    The females like Bartian says have no distinct bands and another thing is that the Dorsal fin has a rounded end.

@ Bartian. I’m already informed jet by Ruinemans about the P.nagyi. Today I’m taking some pictures to confirm the species.

I will keep you informed.

Best regards,
    Armin

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.