The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Parosphromenus in Ruinemans.

Home Forums Global Species Parosphromenus in Ruinemans.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Hi Jonette. So fingers crossed that they are good and healthy. Best of luck with your first try with paros 🙂

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Jonette are you sure that this is P. sp. aff. bintan ?

Jonette Stabbert
    Participant

I haven’t seen them yet, and since I am inexperienced, I would not know. I am getting them from Utaka, where Bartian made the determination after observing them. He is a forum member. Ruinemans had labelled them “deissneri”.

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant

Thank you very much Jonette.

I ordered two pair.

How can you find out where the fish were caught.

Jonette Stabbert
    Participant

Hi Andrzej,

You can always ask Utaka (if that’s where you ordered them). I believe I read that they were caught in Borneo, but I’m not sure.

EDIT: I just looked at the site from Ruinemans and they say they’re from Borneo. 🙂

Jonette Stabbert
    Participant

Ah, now I understand you wanting to know where the fish were caught. :blink: I just received Peter and Martin’s book, and see that Bintan are not listed by Paro’s from Borneo. I think in that case that Borneo is the shipping point? Perhaps you can contact Ruinemans and ask.

When are you collecting your fish?

Cheers,
    Jonette

Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant
    Andrzej Kowalski
    Participant
    Jolanda Wisseborn
    Participant

Hmmmm I ordered Linkei through Hermanus Harianto, a breeder wich is located near Borneo. But I’m asked the breeder if they were from over there and they were caught in the surroundings of Borneo, I know also for shure there’s a shipping point in Borneo.
    This breeder has different species also 😉

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

Hello Jolanda,

did you get them from Hermanus? Through some of the betta transhippers?

Jolanda Wisseborn
    Participant

Hermanus is also a betta breeder yes and he has also a stocklist of some wild species, also mouthbrooders. I don’t know if he’s on his own in this one but it could also be that more breeders will co-operate. And I know him for years now. And they will be shipped through Germany

Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

[quote=”Jootje67″ post=5686] …but it could also be that more breeders will co-operate…[/quote]

Yeah, these Indonesian guys have some pretty big alliances and are able to get you anything from the others 😀 Such level of cooperation is not common in Europe.

Jolanda Wisseborn
    Participant

Lol that Is only in the breeding/hobby scenery 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.