The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Parosphromenus phoenicurus

Home Forums Global Species Parosphromenus phoenicurus

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Pavel Chaloupka
    Keymaster

beautiful male and picture Helene

Hi, here I try now again to load up my new photos of my phoenicurus offspring and their parents, this morning I tried to do so, but all 7 pictures at once, I think that was too much for the system.

further:

Gonin herve
    Participant

I have the phoenicurus but very young fish so no offspring.For 7 Zwerge I found the pics do not show phoenicurus,am I wrong or is it the color of the pics?The shape seems different
    Herve

Hallo Herve,

can’t say. I got them the ninth of September via my fish org from Aquarium Dietzenbach sent to my aquaristic shop “Unter Wasser Freiburg”. I got them in the original fish bag from the transport.
    I was also already thinking of why my male don’t has a red band on its fins like Helenes one.

Perhaps the colors are different because of photo technic and I don’t use flash light. About the shape I can’t tell, just they are slimmer than my linkei.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

I think its the light and the photo-technic really. Even on this photo here the fish is seen a little bit from the front, which makes it less obvious with the red band in the tail. I would still think its phoenicurus. There was one of the other photos you showed, Dorothee where I think – even though pale – the feature is even more clear.
    Light does a lot also when you take photos.
    Just wait until you get a better camera at christmas 🙂 ..

Hello Helene,

yes so I will do and try then with macro lens! 😉

But I think I will not use flash light and lightning the tank, I like the hidden Paros (I like also the camping Paros :woohoo: ) in their dark tanks.
    And my friend, who has seen the fine colored photos in the Paro book (look, now I will get nice colored new fish :whistle: 😉 😛 ) says that those colored photos are a bluff 👿 :cheer: B)

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

My tanks are really dark – also the one in which my phoenicurus live (the photo) – so I don’t mean the tank light – but for good photos you need an external flash in my opinion 🙂 ..
    Or to make a useable photo I have a simple led-strip which I move around. i place it on the lid of the tank just for the time when I want to make a photo.

Gonin herve
    Participant

Well yes the pic is better so we can see the shape of the tail ,but the lack of color is interesting as even my small one are colorful.I wander what make them like this.And as they come from the same place than ours,we can be sure they are phoenicurus.Just wait for better pics.
    Helene the leds you use as a flash is interesting,easier to use than 2 flashs as I do.

Peter Finke
    Participant

[quote=”7 Zwerge” post=4053]And my friend, who has seen the fine colored photos in the Paro book (look, now I will get nice colored new fish :whistle: 😉 😛 ) says that those colored photos are a bluff 👿 :cheer: B)[/quote]

What do you mean by this remark? Do you mean it seriously or not?

No, not serious sorry!
    And I read the book really and understood. And I love those hidden Paros with their quiet live. I just wanted to say, that not every Paro photo must be flashlighted. That seconds when they show all their color are phantastic, but for me they are also beautifull in their everyday behavior!
    (And I never had those tanks with bright light and colored fish living half a year).

Peter Finke
    Participant

That’s a good reply. The only methods besides flashlight used for the photos of our book are a mirror (see frontispiece of “two” linke on the title page or page 148 (it’s one fish mirrored!) or nagyi on page 147 or rubrimontis on page 127. Martin Hallmann discovered that method to instigate aggressional behaviour and get the fish to open their fins to a maximum span. But in all cases there was no later playing with the computer for enhancing the colours.

However, we know from the internet quite a few photos where this had beed done; even some older photos of Horst Linke (see the old fourth edition of his Labyrinth book) have been “coloured”, but since years and in the new edition he did not do this again.

The mirror thing is interesting … perhaps some day with a good macro lens I´ll try it!

Till now I can count 5 offspring who are already swimming in the open space.
    I see two different “ages”.

For the phoenicurus isn’t camping in front of the tank and doesn’t use the caves, I didn’t dare to disturb him with troubling the tank searching for his nest to take larvaes out … so its again extensive breeding …

you see again that I love and respect my hiding Paros … 😉

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Too bad you can not take out the clutch. So you have a few young fish are grown up and can distribute it barely on. https://www.parosphromenus-project.org/media/kunena/emoticons/unsure.png

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.