The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

photoes of fry

Home Forums Global Pictures photoes of fry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    helene schoubye
    Keymaster

I was lucky enough to spot two small anjunganensis fry the other day, and of course had to take a photo, – 🙂 – this little fry is about a cm, – its very small.

I thought I might upload photoes of fry of some of the different species I have – starting with

anjunganensis

and p. nagyi ‘cherating’

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

p. linkei

As of now, I think the p. nagyi and the p. anjunganensis looks quite the same, while the linkei is a little different, – especially the spot on the side is visible even on these small ones

Marcin Chyla
    Participant

Hello, very nice pictures Helene! 🙂

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

Thank you, Helene! This is very interesting – it’s only on your photos that I have seen so very young paros. I am not sure if there are any such photos in the web at all. So – please carry on!

Peter Finke
    Participant

Helene, very nice photos. We should include them into the species accounts, e.g. the photo of the young linkei to the photos in the linkei-account, the photo of the young anjunganensis in that account, and so on. We should speak about a further place, but this – I think – is the first thing to retain them and make them accessible every time at a good place.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

tiny parvulus 🙂

Stefaan
    Participant

Wonderfull pictures Helene! Keep on posting them.
    Grtz,
    S.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Just found some very very young p. harveyi today and as I had the camera out I thought I should take some photoes.
    I am a little surprised actually to see how distinctly different these tiny fry look compared to other fry I have photographed, such as the p. nagyi.
    These have a clearly different pattern in the fins. I have not yet got around to doing it, but I will try to upload images in the various species describtion with both females and fry.

Edit: 😳 I just had a closer look, maybe they are not all that different from the nagyi’s 🙂 … it might just be the light that made me think so. Are there any major differences, do you think ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.