The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Photos of Paros building nests/nesting wanted!

Home Forums Global Species Photos of Paros building nests/nesting wanted!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Movin
    Participant

Hey guys!

I know there are ton of y’all who breed Paros now/in the recent past. Does anyone happen to have pictures of the Paros nesting? I’m starting a mini-project on Betta/Paros phylogeny and the evolution of breeding behavior, touching on how the various methods of brooding in Paros and Betta and how mouthbrooding evolved multiple times in Betta that is ancestrally a bubblenesting clade.

Everyone who submits photos please let me know how you’d like to be acknowledged. Anyone interested in submitting photos can either email them to bettanesting@gmail.com or can PM me directly.

Looking forward to your replies~

Cheers!!

Marcin Chyla
    Participant

Hello, my pictures of P.nagyi below… If You wanted to have bigger file – let me know I will send it. One remark… All pictures You can use but with my name on it..( Marcin Chyla)
    Greetings!

Movin
    Participant

Hey Martin!

Thank you so much for the pictures, we really appreciate them! And we’ll definitely use your name when we make use of them!

Hello!
    If you want, you can look in my post “my new linkei”.
    It seems that the photos you can find at the last pages show two linkeii building a bubble nest .. The photos are not very good, but if the quality is enough, you can use them.

I was very astonished to find them doing that, I was away for two weeks, they got just naupliae, made 50% water change and now that surprise, in the front of the tank, just for me to observe … 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.