The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Searching the brood…

Home Forums Global Breeding Searching the brood…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marcin Chyla
    Participant

Hello, I have another breeding several days ago, not the same male as last time and diffrent female ( after I sent my stock for census I discovered that I have 3 females and 4 males not 1/6 and becouse of this information I’m very happy:)) So, second breeding held in the same place (another very old leaf very close to bottom) a Little earlier I put to aqua many new leafs and there are also 2 film boxes and 4 coco shells, but Paros seems to ignore all those caves and doing their breeding in this very tigh places. Becouse of it I didn’t have to chance to see them but I saw female swimming under that leaf several times and after that day males stayed close to leaf (almost all time he was under the leaf) So he probably defend brood. After 9 days he don’t have attention for it, so probably brood was free swimming…and now my question… Becouse I didn’t see brood or eggs now I must to look for brood, in bottom of aqua or rather near water surface ? I know that brood of diffrent species prefer diffrent place to hide, so paros brood chosing surface or bottom? 🙂

Peter Finke
    Participant

Very young fry of licorice gouramis is hard to detect in a fully established tank with plants. Mostly it resides near the bottom for one week or even more, but it depends on the tank-structure. If there are many plants and pieces of wood, fry could to be found at higher places too. But mostly it prefers the lowest places. But even knowing this it could be overlooked. Normally it will find enough food at that places if the tank is old established. But you must feed rotifiers and/or nourishing infusoria actively. Mostly, from 14 days on the fry will become more apparent at different places in the tank, including the surface. There are many cases in which a rather large amount of young has been detected very lately (several weeks), if there are many hiding places and a good base of nourishment.
    But these facts – especially the difficult control of feeding – motivate many breeders to breed their licorice gouramis not in such tanks but in “empty” containers separated from the adults. Otherwise a breeder could hardly do a rational job; it’s all working by chance. The more natural method but at the same time the more unpredictable surely is yours.

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Ich sehe es ähnlich wie Peter. Die Jungtiere halten sich ca 4 Wochen in Bodennähe auf bevor sie frei im Aquarium schwimmen und zu sehen sind, erlebe es gerade bei meiner ornaticauda Nachzucht. Sie sind jetzt 4 Wochen alt und halten sich immer noch in Bodennähe auf, obwohl ich sie in einem seperaten Aquarium aufziehe.

Marcin Chyla
    Participant

Hello, thank You for answer, I didn’t want to move pair to seperate tank becouse since I bought my Paros it seems that they are doing very well and I don’t want to change something if it seems to work well 🙂 I will stay with this way of keeping Paros ( long tank with many “caves” and only 3-4 pairs in ) This tank is established ( 1.5 years old) and they are many roots, leafs, coco shells, etc.)in it. So I think that some of fry can stay alive and find enough food. I will now looking closer to the bottom and I will keep my finger cross:):)

Bernd Bussler
    Participant

Mach das und viel Erfolg, wenn Du Fragen hast kannst Du mir jederzeit Mailen.
    Gruß Bernd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.