The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Tom’s Bucket Of Mud – Paro. sp. ‘sentang’

Home Forums European Pictures Tom’s Bucket Of Mud – Paro. sp. ‘sentang’

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Peter Finke
    Participant

Haha, Paro-friends follow Paro-friends, wherever they are to be found. There are not many, and therefore they meet at the few places at hand. And additionally: quality is even rarer. And therefore we are glad about Tom’s pictures.
    But I wonder: How many Parosphromenus-addicts are there in the UK at present? When Willi Harvey began with all that, he was rather alone. But during the years of Barbara and Allan Brown the number grew. Is it falling again in the after-Brown-time? Coud we do somethng against it? I think, both of you do, Colin and Tom.

Benjamin Wilden
    Keymaster

Well Peter,

if you search for Parosphromenus in Youtube you see a lot of different videos. Most I recognised came from UK.

Maybe we should present us there with some Parosphromenus advice…

Colin
    Participant

Hi Peter

well, on the 1st of october I was at the AAGB conference and I took down groups and pairs of P. ornaticauda, deissneri, sumatranus and, of course, lots of Bettas.

I think that there are still quite a few Paro-lovers within the UK 🙂

P. linkei has just appeared on the import lists again so I reckon that will be my next species to try – I once bought P linkei at the IGL in Holland 2008 but the female died on the way home 🙁

Tom, I still have 3 Sp. here from your batch – all female so cant sell them to anyone, they are yours if you want?!

Tom Black
    Participant

If you can’t find a home for them then I’d be happy to add them to the Bucket. However it’s all pretty hectic at this end, not sure when I’d be able to get across to pick them up.

Najib Samsuri
    Participant

unfortunately i cannot view the pictures..:(:(

Tom Black
    Participant

[quote=”kindai” post=521]unfortunately i cannot view the pictures..:(:([/quote]

Hi kindai. Not sure why that might be… they are showing fine for me and are hosted on imageshack which is pretty reliable, so I think it must be something funny at your end.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Yes, although we do have an issue at the Forum with images, – using Imageshack and Photobucket should work fine, – and I have looked at this also on a mac i-phone, – sometimes macs have problems, but these are fine. So I think its true, that it must somehow be a problem at your computer locally.
    But please keep reporting whenever theres a problem, I am doing what I can to solve whatever comes along 🙂 as best I can.

Najib Samsuri
    Participant

all the pics become a frozen frog in the ice 🙂

Bill Little
    Participant

Tom — love the tank and the photos too. Can you tell me what the base of the tank is made of – is it glass also?

Tom Black
    Participant

Thanks. Yes, the tank itself is all glass, on a wooden stand made out of old shipping pallets.

Kelly Tygert
    Participant

Did you make the aquarium?

Tom Black
    Participant

Hi Kelly.

No, I got it made by a local fish shop. The quality is so-so (some slightly over-enthusiastic silicon work) but it wasn’t too expensive and seems pretty sturdy.

Kelly Tygert
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I really like the size and shape. I have been considering building an aquarium. I like the rimless style, and no local fish shops carry them around here.

Kelly

Tom Black
    Participant

Yeah, it’s normally a custom build job for something like this. Water pressure is much lower in shallow tanks, so they’re pretty safe for going rimless. In retrospect, I’d probably go for 15″ high rather than 12″ if I were doing it again, as it tends to look slightly cramped unless the water is right to the brim.

Ellisiv Huseklepp
    Participant

Really beautiful, and a good inspiration ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.