The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Too big for paros – or good for a group?

Home Forums Global Methods Too big for paros – or good for a group?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    helene schoubye
    Keymaster

I am sorry, – I am getting things a bit mixed up, I apologize 😉 -its a bit confusing what I wrote. I meant that 27 liters is a good size for a smaller group of paros or a pair.
    But I am not sure its an ideal size if you also want to have boraras in that tank, it could be bigger then – though I think it is possible.
    The size of your tank, 30x30x30 is a good size though, and I would think it is possible to have maybe 8-10 boraras, if you choose that.

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

Thank you, Helene – no problem!!!

No, I will do it as I planned from the beginning – in the small tank only one pair of paros.

And I think I will not try to change the water parameters in the bigger tank. It’s a bit too risky – I don’t think that I will really be able to lower the conductivity from 250 to 50 µS without emptying the tank and removing the soil.

I think I’ll keep either Pseudosphromenus and Boraras (Asia set up) in the 120 liter tank – or (rather?) Microctenopoma ansorgii together with Aplocheilichthys normani or myersi (Africa set up).

And I will make a first try with a single Parosphromenus pair in the 27 liter tank. And then …….. let’s see….

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.