The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

View inside P. nagyi Pekan Nenasi cave

Home Forums Global Breeding View inside P. nagyi Pekan Nenasi cave

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Stefanie Rick
    Participant

Another one – just because he’s so beautiful…………

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Stefanie wrote:

Where do young paros usually hide after swimming free – near the surface in the drifting plants, or under the leaf litter on the ground?

I think at first they will hide in the leaf litter on the ground mainly, – but you see them both places. It may also have a lot to do with where the most dense area is. They will seek the place which gives them most protection I think.

With the new cave / spawning … I think its really just not always these fish go by ‘the rules’ 🙂 …
    Sometimes you have a male which is a really excellent ‘father’ – steady, patient, eggs sitting well in the cave, eggs developing well etc – and then sometimes you have males which seem to be a little more confused or not so patient or whatever … and then you see this happening. Or there may be other things disturbing. There may be clutches of eggs of which some develop, and then he is off trying to get the female to lay more eggs, – maybe disturbing the ‘old’ eggs, or maybe having eggs of different age at the same time. And sometimes a cluct may dissappear over night – and the next day theres are new eggs again.
    Its not something I would see as a ‘problem’ – its just individual ways, and maybe sbout learning too.

Lennart Friedritz
    Participant

Hey Stefanie,
    this are wonderful pictures!!!

My “Blue line” male was so rude not choosing one of the visiual accessible caves I provides but some leaves really close to the ground…
    It took quite long till he left this leaves again. Maybe about two weeks. I then started scanning the leaves and litter on the ground with an torch every day and got quite desperate.

After a view days I saw my female chasing something other then a glassworm underneath the swimming “Froschbiss” and suddenly I realised all the larvae were up undeneath the surface. But hell they were tiny and transparent.
    But like Helenes foto in the “Age and sex differentiation/determination”-Topic shows nagyi young should be way easier to spot because of their red-brownish colour! Shouldn’t they?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.