The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

walnut leaves

Home Forums Global Methods walnut leaves

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

I dont know every think about electronic .
    I just made mesure with two pH meters and conductivity meter
    after Kati ani :
    pH 4.49
    conductivity : 3µSm/cm

David

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

[quote=”Gerald Gantschnigg” post=3151][quote=”David” post=3149][…] manage to have very low pH around 2.72- 3 with conductivity like 12 to 20 µS/cm.[/quote]Never ever, I’m sorry! It’ not possible to gain very low conductivity at very low pH, this would violate some electrochemical laws. [/quote]

But, Gerald – what about the habitat data of the locations the fish come from? For example, Horst Linke reports a pH of 3,9 at a conductivity of 29 µS from the location of P. parvulus. How can this be if “it violates some electrochemical laws”?

David
    Participant

I have mesured water in situ :

Ibok, Malaysia, 2013 :
    22µS/cm
    5.3 pH

David

Stefanie Rick
    Participant

[quote=”Davy” post=3152]Very interesting.

What is black peat? I know only blonde peat.[/quote]

Blonde peat is younger, it comes from the upper layer of moors and peat swamps. Black peat is the oldest layer from deeper strata.

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

Tks Stefanie!

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

Black peat is more acid than blonde peat?

Hallo!
    Yes I think so!

Funny how my thread has developed!

With what kind of measurement you all work to measure pH?
    I m thinking of a photometer …

I have a Martini Milwaukee two point electrical meter, but I have to “fix” it every week a new, that I don´t like so much …

And the drop tests have just a few steps and I must look out for the color of dark water .. so my painters head has to mix (or remix) the colors …..

David
    Participant

I use this one now : pH/EC/TDS/°C Hanna Instruments Combo HI 98129
    Very nice when i travel 😉

And i have those too:
    – Testeur Hanna pH ECO HI96107
    – Hanna DiST ® testeur DiST 3, conductivité 0-1990 uS / cm

David

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

I sell combo Hanna 98129.

Gerald Gantschnigg
    Participant

I quote only this statement, because it seems too difficult to quote multiple statements:

[quote=”Stefanie” post=3154][…] How can this be if “it violates some electrochemical laws”?[/quote]

It generally is an error of measurement, not passing a criticism on someone. I’ve calibrated dozens of pH-meters several times, and if you ever find two ore more pH-meters which show the same values of a water solution though carefully calibrated before I will congratulate you.
    One pH-step increases the acid concentration to the power of ten, this is significant especially at lower pH-values. If your measured values do not conform, it’s an error of measurement.

I’ve appended a more detailed view of pH and corresponding EC, if youe measure a lower value of EC at a given pH, your given equipment, either the pH-meter or the conductometer, went wrong.

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

After kati ani water is charged by carbon dioxide.

Gerald Gantschnigg
    Participant

[quote=”Davy” post=3305]After kati ani water is charged by carbon dioxide.[/quote]Sure, but which situation is clarified by this circumstance? Have you read the postings before? If so you’re responding nonsense.

Davy Grenouillet
    Participant

Kati ani = low pH + low conductivity and it´s not an error of measurement…

Gerald Gantschnigg
    Participant

No error, of course, Davy. You talk about qualities, I mean quantities, and only quantities include errors in measurement. 😉

I think we talk at cross-purposes in this topic, let’s drop it.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.