The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

What fish can go with paros? And how to go below ph 5?

Home Forums Global Methods What fish can go with paros? And how to go below ph 5?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gerrit Lange
    Participant

Hi,

first ty didn’t work. if it double posts: i’m sorry.

Are there any algea eating fish or srimps or else that can go along the water conditions of paros?
    How do yoou go below ph 5? Currently at 5.5 with RO, peat, leaves, wood

Ty

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Hi
    When you write your first post, it has to approved by admin 🙂 thats why it does not show immidiately. Next post will be fine. It help us avoid spammers.
    But unfortunately the forum is not really active, – most people write in our facebookgroup. You can find the link to it on the frontpage

But to answer some of your questions, – about fish that go well with paros – in nature they live with quite a lot of different type fish, but in tanks, they are not so easy. They do best probably one same species, – but some of the smaller boraras are very fine, like boraras brigittae or maculatus.
    Some people have also kept them with chocolate gouramies, – these are natural companions, and in tanks may be going well enough.
    The problem can be, that paros are a bit smaller, and bit shy, so competition for food can be difficult, – still paros are not that timid, – so it can also work well.

How to go below ph 5, – there are also many answers I am sure. I use only osmosis, this is the only way I can get water soft enough. And in order to get a low ph, and keep it stable, its important to have really soft water. You can use oak extract, or you can use different type of black water leaves, spagnum pellets which you soak in the soft water for some time.
    I use oak extract, this has worked for me for many years, but I am certain there are many other ways to experiment with it.
    To keep paros, of course in nature they are living in very acid water, but you will still find that they will not need most of them, to go under 5. 5 is fine. Even for spawning and egg developments, 5 will most like be good enough.

Hi!
    If you are looking for Shrimps, Sulawesi Caridina parvidentata are matching – just for a while. I think, they will be eaten after a while, but so long they do their cleaning work well. I have another tank where they increase very quick, so that’s a good method to move them in the paro tank. Concerning other fish – If the tank is not to small … Betta coccina and Corydoras match also. My Paros don’t behave more shy than usually.

Kind regards,
    Dorothee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.