The
PAROSPHROMENUS PROJECT

The
PAROSPHROMENUS
PROJECT

Where looking parosphromenus species in singapore?

Home Forums Asian Trade Where looking parosphromenus species in singapore?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ……
    Participant

🙂 anyone selling Paros in Singapore or spotted any? I’ve been keeping wild bettas for two years and many of them have bred.want the Paros as I want to create a biotope

bartian
    Participant

Just go like twenty kilometers outside of Singapore and throw out a net. I think that’s the easiest way to get them.

helene schoubye
    Keymaster

Hello Rutilans and welcome to the Parosphromenus project.
    I have moved your thread to the category Asian trade. It may not make a difference, – but the topic really belongs there 🙂
    It may be easy for us europeans to think, that when you live in Singapore you are so much closer to the fish in the original biotope than us, so why not go and catch them. But I dont know if that is all that easy.
    However this forum, or through our distribution email may be a good way for you to start looking for fish, and since we do have some members in your part of the world, there may be someone who knows where and how to get some.
    How do you get the wild bettas ?

……
    Participant

Hi Helene got the wild bettas from a local farm and 2-3 lfs that constantly sell them.sometimes can get from aquabid xtrembetta too.they sell good quality fishes.and they ship to Europe too I think but shipping cost might be more.from Jakarta to Singapore is 15usd so to Europe guess might be quite ex

……
    Participant

The shop that sells Paros in Singapore has not brought them in for a long time already

Peter Finke
    Participant

Rutilans, as Bartian said: get a car, get a big plastic sieve with small holes so that no Paro could slip through and drive (to tell a secure region) to the east coast between Kuantan and Cherating. There you have to look for small ditches and running waters with tea coloured water (coming from former rainforest regions on a peaty ground). Take the sieve and try to catch in the riparian vegetaion (not in the free water), some in 30-50 cm, some only in one meter depth. Not at the surface as the other labyrinths. It’s not as easy as catching barbs or Trichopsis which you get in the free water swimming. In this region P. nagyi is still abundantly to be found, especially now after the spawning period. You find nagyi over there even in different forms; the Kuantan form differs from the Cherating form. The form of Pekan Nenasi is slightly different than the form from Cukai.

If I lived in Singapore, I should go there and catch my fish myself. Every year more small waters are polluted or destroyed. You do no harm to the populations if you catch some indivuduals and try to breed them in your aquarium.

There are other places for the other Malaysian species, but I should begin with nagyi; you cannot miss them, I presume.

……
    Participant

Ok thanks will try to get there at end of the year.anyway managed to get some anjungensis from someone who doesn’t want them anymore.11-12 pcs at $40sgd.worth it?in usd it 31.28.in euro it’s 23.10

……
    Participant

And anywhere nearer to Singapore?

Peter Finke
    Participant

[quote=”Rutilans” post=2797]managed to get some anjungensis from someone who doesn’t want them anymore.11-12 pcs at $40sgd.worth it?in usd it 31.28.in euro it’s 23.10[/quote]

If you mean a pair it’s slightly more than you pay in Europe. But: These are heavily endangered fish! In my view this price is not too high. You cannot compare that with Guppy or Trichopsis vittatus.

In former times there were lots of places nearer to Singapore. There might be some today left, but they are not known because too small for the average enthusiast from Europe or the catchers of the exporters in Asia. But maybe you find them?

……
    Participant

I mean 12 Paros for $40.wow Peter,those are highly endangered?didnt know that.
    Anyway the guy who is selling doesn’t even know how diff male and female.so there may be 12 males or females.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.